(Taken from the official release documentation)
MDT 2012 Beta 1provides new capabilities, such as:
- Support for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 Beta 2, including the new application model and user device affinity (UDA).
- Improved Lite Touch partitioning, supporting the preferred partition layouts described in the Windows Automated Installation Kit.
- Support in Lite Touch for deploying 64-bit Windows® to computers that support Unified Extended Firmware Interface (UEFI) (without requiring compatibility support for legacy BIOS).
- New Lite Touch “Deploy to VHD” task sequence templates that support deploying a Windows 7 or Windows Server® 2008 R2 image into a virtual hard disk (VHD) file that can then be used for booting the OS (“boot from VHD”).
- Added support for deploying Windows ThinPC and Windows POSReady 7.
- Improved Lite Touch wizard lookandfeel.
- Continued support for System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 and all operating systems supported by MDT 2010.
- Many bug fixes and other small improvements.
Download MDT 2012 BETA 1 Here